Who is Common Wealth?
Common Wealth provides workplace retirement benefits for a 21st century workforce. We’re dedicated to helping to close the retirement security gap for the tens of millions of people who lack access to a good workplace retirement plan. We partner with associations, unions, and employers to deliver value-for-money, collective retirement plans that combine user-friendly technology, digital retirement planning, low-cost investments, secure lifetime income, and a fiduciary duty to members. Our work is serving a wide range of people who’ve lacked access to good workplace retirement benefits, from home care workers to physicians to not-for-profit employees to workers across Canada’s private sector. Common Wealth has been recognized internationally for its work in addressing the global retirement challenge.
Why do we need you?
In order to bring a better retirement solution to Canadian employers and their people, we first have to challenge the status quo. Many employers don’t know that it’s possible for them to provide an easy-to-use, high-quality retirement benefit to their employees. Others have accepted existing providers as the default option, even though it could be costing their employees hundreds of thousands of dollars. Millions of Canadians are worried about their retirement readiness, but they often procrastinate in taking action on it. Helping more people retire with financial security requires your leadership in educating and motivating people to take action.
The Senior Account Executive role at Common Wealth has four major lifecycle functions:
- Manage selling activities across large strategic accounts
- Challenge current assumptions and initiate an educational sales play
- Demonstrate the power of the Common Wealth offering using data-driven narratives
- Close new business and orchestrate member enrollment
What will you be working on?
- Prospecting/”hunting” and generating sales opportunities with larger employers
- Building relationships and mapping complex accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally on lead generation strategies to attract large employers to Common Wealth
- Working with the leadership team to develop a playbook and strategy for selling to large employers. This might include developing pitch materials, refining the value proposition and sales process.
- Managing a pipeline of larger employer opportunities, maintaining and expanding your database of prospects within your target territory
- End-to-end sales, including implementation and onboarding of new large employers
What skills do you need for the role?
- Collaborate with marketing to deliver account-based lead gen strategies
- Build quality pipeline of new and expansion business for future revenue
- Accurately estimate future business and create reliable sales forecasts
- Supreme confidence to dissect current employer retirement strategies and position Common Wealth as a strategic upgrade to the business
- Understanding of the present Canadian employer group retirement product landscape is an asset
- Desire to win with a customer success-centric philosophy
- Strong data analysis skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to tell clear, simple, compelling stories
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity
- Are a team player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
What can Common Wealth offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As longevity increases, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Toronto: a global centre of excellence. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement, including some of the world’s leading pension funds.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over five years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Competitive total rewards. We pay competitively (no, really). We also offer options so that you will share in the company’s success. Naturally, you’ll also receive basics like health and life insurance. We trust you to do your work, so we’re flexible with where and when you do it, as long as you can collaborate effectively with us.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Senior Account Executive” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.