Who is Common Wealth Retirement?
Common Wealth Retirement is a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company aimed at helping Canadians of all income levels achieve a financially secure retirement without having to become a financial expert. Our award-winning digital retirement platform makes it easy to set up an automated, personalized retirement plan that delivers 2-3x more value than a typical RRSP.
75% of Canadians are concerned about having enough money in retirement, and the majority of Canadians age 50+ do not feel they have a plan for their retirement savings. We believe that the financial services industry has made saving and planning for retirement harder than it needs to be, through a combination of high fees, unnecessary complexity, and the failure to put the customer at the centre.
Common Wealth Retirement offers a customer-first approach to retirement planning. We’ve cut the jargon, lowered fees, streamlined the user experience, and incorporated expert financial strategies to simplify the process of planning, saving, and generating income in retirement.
We offer our retirement plans through employers, membership-based organizations, and other partnerships.
Retirement Planning Is Easier Than You Think!
We’re on a mission to make retirement saving and planning easier. When customers experience our platform, the most common thing we hear is “That was easier than I thought!”
PLAN – Our online tools and evidence-based algorithms help you develop a personalized retirement plan, including a retirement income target, an estimate of how much you can expect to receive in government retirement benefits, and a personalized savings plan for how much you’ll need to save every month.
AUTO-SAVE – We put your retirement savings on auto-pilot, helping you split your savings between a TFSA and an RRSP, and creating a personalized savings schedule to help you keep pace with your retirement income goals.
AUTO-INVEST – We automatically suggest a diversified portfolio and invest your savings into a fund that automatically rebalances and reduces risk as you approach retirement.
TRACK – Just like your online bank account, your Common Wealth Retirement account stays with you, so you can log in and check your balance, transfer over an existing TFSA/RRSP, or make a lump sum contribution at any time.
Our team and partnerships
Our growing team combines expertise in the key disciplines necessary to help our customers achieve retirement success. This includes retirement and pension expertise, financial technology, financial regulation, operations and customer service, human-centric product design, and knowledge of the needs of employers. We have also formed partnerships with world-class investment and annuities providers, including BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, and Brookfield Annuity, a leading provider of group annuities.
Why consider joining us as a Retirement Success Manager?
Not everyone who takes a vested interest in their own retirement has all the answers. Frankly, sometimes they are simply overwhelmed with too many choices. This creates fear of making the wrong choice. Retirement security is a multifaceted and complicated topic. It can be the cause of uncertainty and prevents members from taking the right action at the right time. This is the reason we provide access to the best retirement product which is designed to deliver the most value over time, proven by world-class research.
Common Wealth’s Operations and Client Service team aspires to be our members’ greatest advocates. At the center of what we do, our members’ interests come first. This is realized by providing the highest quality of client care possible. Customer advocacy and care is an iterative process; it should always be improving. Whether it’s direct engagement or in the way we design our future tools and process, supporting our members as they plan and save for their future is at the heart of what we do. Extraordinary service means members feel cared for and their interests come first, and that fosters trust through a straightforward experience that empowers members to save and plan for the future.
What will you be working on?
- Improving member engagement with retirement saving and planning, with a view to improving member financial outcomes
- Building, executing, and continuously improving a client experience strategy
- Identifying trends in client experience and translating findings into product and process improvements
- Supporting the onboarding of new employers and their employees into a Common Wealth retirement plan, including training and education and administration support
- Assisting members with transactional issues and inquiries, and helping them get the most out of their Common Wealth retirement plan
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of the client service team that will provide an extraordinary client experience
- Working closely with Common Wealth’s partners (e.g., unions, associations, other channel partners) to provide high-quality retirement education and service to member and employer clients
What skills do you need for the role?
- Experience in a financial services client team
- A valid CFP designation
- Exceptional client service skills with a strong client focus including client care and self-service support
- Ability to educate client through a straightforward experience to improve their financial outcomes
- Proficiency in communicating technical information in plain, clear language across multiple mediums
- Ability to translate client interactions into user experience improvements
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Team player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
- Committed to continuous learning
- Experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be an asset: group retirement savings, financial planning, wealth management, pension plans, financial literacy/education
What can Common Wealth Retirement offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As longevity increases, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Toronto: a global centre of excellence. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement, including some of the world’s leading pension funds.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over five years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Competitive total rewards. We pay competitively (no, really). We also offer options so that you will share in the company’s success. Naturally, you’ll also receive basics like health and life insurance. We trust you to do your work, so we’re flexible with where and when you do it, as long as you can collaborate effectively with us.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Retirement Success Manager” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth Retirement, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.