Who is Common Wealth?
Common Wealth provides workplace retirement benefits for a 21st century workforce. We’re dedicated to helping to close the retirement security gap for the tens of millions of people who lack access to a good workplace retirement plan. We partner with associations, unions, and employers to deliver value-for-money, collective retirement plans that combine user-friendly technology, digital retirement planning, low-cost investments, secure lifetime income, and a fiduciary duty to members. Our work is serving a wide range of people who’ve lacked access to good workplace retirement benefits, from home care workers to physicians to not-for-profit employees to workers across Canada’s private sector. Common Wealth has been recognized internationally for its work in addressing the global retirement challenge.
Why do we need you?
The Marketing Team at Common Wealth is building and nurturing a feeling of trust, protection, and value among our clients, partners, and members. We want to continue to deliver content that educates and informs our target audience(s) to help us get our plans into the hands of more Canadians, and reach our goal of making financial security in retirement easy and affordable.
As the Head of Marketing, reporting into Common Wealth’s co-founders, your focus will be to build and execute on a strategic vision for our marketing efforts, across brand, communications and content, and demand generation.
What will you be working on?
- Help us connect all of our marketing efforts to date to tell a single, compelling story about our products and services
- Develop and execute a data-driven and cost-effective channel-based strategy for generating leads and building our customer base
- Create and deploy consistent and impactful marketing materials that educate and inform our various audiences
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for new client and partnership launches
What skills do you need for the role?
- Demonstrated ability to generate high-quality leads for a sales team
- Strong data analysis skills and analytical abilities
- Experience and success in optimizing marketing websites for the purpose of generating leads and converting customers
- Success in designing and executing highly effective growth marketing strategies / tactics
- Knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools
- Ability to work with partners to leverage the best of their brands in promoting our retirement solutions
- Ability to tell clear, simple, compelling stories
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are perpetually curious and always learning
- Are a team player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
What can Common Wealth offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As longevity increases, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Toronto: a global centre of excellence. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement, including some of the world’s leading pension funds.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over five years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Competitive total rewards. We pay competitively (no, really). We also offer options so that you will share in the company’s success. Naturally, you’ll also receive basics like health and life insurance. We trust you to do your work, so we’re flexible with where and when you do it, as long as you can collaborate effectively with us.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Head of Marketing” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.