Who is Common Wealth?
Common Wealth is a mission-driven financial technology company that provides retirement benefits for a 21st century workforce. We’re dedicated to helping to close the retirement security gap for the tens of millions of people who lack access to a good workplace retirement plan. We partner with associations, unions, employers, and other organizations to deliver retirement programs that combine user-friendly technology, digital retirement planning, low-cost investments, and guaranteed lifetime income. Our work is serving a wide range of people who have lacked access to good workplace retirement benefits, from home care workers to physicians to not-for-profit employees to workers across Canada’s private sector. Common Wealth has been recognized internationally for its work in addressing the global retirement challenge.
Why do we need you?
Not everyone who takes a vested interest in their own retirement has all the answers. Retirement security is a multi-faceted and complicated topic. It can be the cause of uncertainty and prevents members from taking the right action at the right time. Common Wealth’s Operations and Client Service team aspires to be our members’ greatest advocates. At the centre of what we do, our members’ interests come first. This is realized by providing the highest quality of client care possible. Customer advocacy and care is an iterative process; it should always be improving. Whether it’s direct engagement or in the way we design our future process, supporting our members as they plan and save for their futures is at the heart of what we do.
What will you be working on?
- Building, executing, and continuously improving a client experience strategy that improves financial outcomes for members
- Leading the design, development and implementation of the client service team that will provide an extraordinary client experience
- Supporting the onboarding of new employers and their employees into a Common Wealth retirement plan, including training and education and administration support
- Assisting members with transactional issues and inquiries, and helping them get the most out of their Common Wealth retirement plan
- Identifying trends in client issues and translating client needs into improvement solutions
- Improving member engagement with retirement saving and planning, with a view to improving member financial outcomes
- Working closely with Common Wealth’s partners (e.g., unions, associations, other channel partners) to provide high-quality retirement education and service to member and employer clients
What skills do you need for the role?
- Experience leading a client service team
- Exceptional client service skills with a strong client focus, including client care and self-service support
- Ability to educate client through a straightforward experience to improve their financial outcomes
- Proficiency in communicating technical information in plain, clear language across multiple mediums
- Ability to translate client interactions into user experience improvements
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Team player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
- Committed to continuous learning
- Experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be an asset: group retirement savings, financial planning, wealth management, pension plans, financial literacy/education
What can Common Wealth offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As longevity increases, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Toronto: a global centre of excellence. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement, including some of the world’s leading pension funds.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over five years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Competitive total rewards. We pay competitively (no, really). We also offer options so that you will share in the company’s success. Naturally, you’ll also receive basics like health and life insurance. We trust you to do your work, so we’re flexible with where and when you do it, as long as you can collaborate effectively with us.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director, Client Engagement” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.