Who is Common Wealth?
Common Wealth provides workplace retirement benefits for a 21st century workforce. We’re dedicated to helping to close the retirement security gap for the tens of millions of people who lack access to a good workplace retirement plan. We partner with associations, unions, and employers to deliver value-for-money, collective retirement plans that combine user-friendly technology, digital retirement planning, low-cost investments, secure lifetime income, and a fiduciary duty to members. Our work is serving a wide range of people who’ve lacked access to good workplace retirement benefits, from home care workers to physicians to not-for-profit employees to workers across Canada’s private sector. Common Wealth has been recognized internationally for its work in addressing the global retirement challenge.
Why do we need you?
In order to bring a better retirement solution to Canadian employers and their people, we first have to challenge the status quo. Many employers don’t know that it’s possible for them to provide an easy-to-use, high-quality retirement benefit to their employees. Others have accepted existing providers as the default option, even though it could be costing their employees hundreds of thousands of dollars. Millions of Canadians are worried about their retirement readiness, but they often procrastinate in taking action on it. Helping more people retire with financial security requires your leadership in educating and motivating people to take action.
The Account Executive role at Common Wealth has four major lifecycle functions:
- Identify and pursue strong SQLs and MQLs
- Initiate an educational sales play
- Demonstrate the power of the Common Wealth offering
- Close new business and orchestrate member enrollment
What will you be working on?
Your main mission will be to help bring new small and medium-sized employers onto the Common Wealth platform. As part of this work, you will be:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities with small and medium-sized employers through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Following up on and qualifying inbound leads driven by the marketing team
- Managing your own pipeline of employer opportunities, maintaining and expanding your database of prospects within your target territory
- Testing and improving on our strategies and playbooks for communicating our value to small and medium-sized employers; examples could include delivering online presentations or group sessions to prospective customers, helping to craft effective pitch materials
- Onboarding new employers and their employees into a Common Wealth retirement plan and supporting them on the first part of their member journey. This might include running online group education sessions for staff and guiding new plan members through the enrollment process to increase adoption.
What skills do you need for the role?
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Natural curiosity to drive self-sourced opportunities across Canada
- Make quality contacts via phone, email, and social media with prospective clients
- The confidence to dissect current employer retirement strategies and position Common Wealth as a strategic upgrade to the business
- Strong data analysis skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to tell clear, simple, compelling stories
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are a team player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are coachable and open to self-reflection and growth
- Can learn a new, complex domain quickly
What can Common Wealth offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As longevity increases, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Toronto: a global centre of excellence. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement, including some of the world’s leading pension funds.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over five years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Competitive total rewards. We pay competitively (no, really). We also offer options so that you will share in the company’s success. Naturally, you’ll also receive basics like health and life insurance. We trust you to do your work, so we’re flexible with where and when you do it, as long as you can collaborate effectively with us.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Executive” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.